Volunteer to Help with Overflow
Room in the Inn is partnering with Homeless Intervention Services at 6869 N Dixie Hwy, Elizabethtown, KY for guest overflow, but HIS also need volunteers to stay with our guests overnight and volunteers to transport them to the shelter from registration at Warm Blessing in the evening and then back in the morning. If you able to help out click on the link below to signup:
Volunteer to Help with Registration
Living Faith Baptist Fellowship serves by being the host church for registration. Living Faith staffs the registration desk with at least two volunteers every night to help guest get signed up for a warm place to stay with a sister church. If you would like to help out with registration click on the link below to signup:
Volunteer with a Host Church
Church participation is the heart of Room in the Inn Elizabethtown. The shelter program is organized around participating host and partner churches. A host is a church with the space to house 14 homeless (“guests”) and 4 volunteers overnight and have adequate bathroom facilities. Showers are good to have but not necessary to be a host. A partner church does not have adequate space to house our guests but have folks who want to volunteer and serve in this mission.
Host and partner churches collaborate to accomplish the following duties to operate the shelter one night per week:
- Designate a person to coordinate your program.
- Set up cots, make beds, etc.
- Pick the guest up at registration point.
- Time before bed – Volunteers to visit & listen to their stories, play games, movies, have reading material available, etc.
- Rest for night – there should be four volunteers to spend the night, two with men and two with women.
- Breakfast – Can be continental, serve, and clean up.
- Prepare brown bag lunches.
- Transport back to town
- Break down cots & sanitize, launder bedding/towels, etc.
If you would like to help out hosting at a church contact one of our host church to get involved.
Overnight Host Churches:
College Heights United Methodist Church, Glendale Christian Church, St James Catholic Church, Memorial United Methodist Church, Valley Creek Baptist Church, Rineyville Baptist Church, and Grace Heartland Church.